Call for Applications!
Most of the world’s poorest people are smallholder farmers and make up 75 % of the people who survive on less than $1 per day. This level of poverty results primarily from very low yields (compared to average global yield), as well as high postharvest losses. This is why we founded Kitovu to solve these problems and increase the incomes of smallholder farmers.
The Kitovu team firmly believes that improving the use of inputs by farmers has the potential to lift millions of smallholder farmers out of poverty. To achieve this, a system must be in place that matches the right composition and quantity of fertilizers, good quality or improved seeds, and other inputs to farms’ actual soils and sites.
But for any system to work; it must be driven by people, and we believe that the best people to drive these transformation are young people, who are visionary, committed, intelligent and passionate about changing the lives of farmers, one locality at a time.
Are you a young person:
- Aged between 18 and 35?
- Resident in one of the following states (Ebonyi, Kaduna, Oyo, Ogun, Niger, Kano)
- Passionate about agriculture and helping farmers improve their crop yields
- Who has and can use a smartphone
- Hard working and teachable
- Willing to start your farm by the 2nd year with financial assistance and business support from Kitovu
- Able to attend a one week boot camp in selected state of residence, If the above describes you, then you are a potential Kitopreneur!
Kitopreneurs would undergo extensive training on extension, soil testing, demand/supply aggregation, value chain analysis, agribusiness best practices and sales, and stand the chance of making over Hundred Thousand Naira monthly supplying farmers inputs and aggregating produce. The only limit to how much a Kitoprenneur can make is the one they place on themselves! So, what are you waiting for?
Applications end on Monday, 9th April 2018, so apply now! Note that only shortlisted candidates would be contacted for interview.
For further enquiries, call us on 08062148183 or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org